What Is A Good Conversion Rate for Contractor Websites?
In online marketing, conversion refers to the conversion of a user’s visit to a website into an action, (e.g. lead opt-in or phone call.) The conversion rate is thus the turnover rate and the key metric for online retailers to measure the efficiency of websites, online shops or advertising.
Conversion rate in % = number of actions / number of visitors x 100.
What does the conversion rate really say about your website?
Most online marketing managers ask themselves the following questions:
- What is a good conversion rate?
- What is the average conversion rate e.g. in house painting?
- Is my conversion rate better than that of the competition?
Behind all these questions is primarily uncertainty and concern as to whether website operators are doing their job well. They want confirmation that they can keep up with the competition or are better.
Here are 8 ways to improve your websites conversion rate
Reduce the loading time of the website pages
- Use performance measurement tools: use the technical audit.
- Also use the Page speed tool. It indicates the points to improve.
- Remove unnecessary extensions: if you use WordPress for example, remove extensions that you do not use. They take up the available space on your server.
- Choose a bandwidth that will accommodate your traffic: if you have too little bandwidth compared to your traffic, your site may be slowed down considerably. Contact your hosting company to check all that.
- Reduce the weight of images: some images can be heavy and take up space on your site. Remember to compress them before importing them with tools like “Tinypng” .
Analyze your Analytics statistics
- Perhaps there is a page where visitors leave your site without any action taken. Go to the page in question and try to understand why.
- A page where there is little traffic may have become inaccessible.
- Your mobile visitors tend to leave your site quickly? Check that your site fits all screen sizes.
Review your message
Be sure to highlight the benefits of your products or services and where its easily seen. Avoid professional jargon that a casual visitor would not understand.
Rework your calls to action
- Their proposal: make sure that the action you want your visitors to take has enough value to motivate them to engage. Like receiving advice, get a free estimate, download a guide …
- Position: Place your calls above and below the fold (visible only when the user scrolls down the page) so they are always accessible.
- Their size, color, and shape: try several aspects of the button and keep the one that gets better results. Test bigger, rounded, round, etc.
- The wording: the text that you will use in your calls to action are to be followed closely. A word can change your conversion rate. Remember to use a proactive verb in your buttons to encourage your users to take action. Avoid generic texts like “contact us” that will have no effect on your conversion rate. “Ask for a free trial” has much more impact than a simple request for contact.
The most effective method is to perform tests based on your changes in order to have the best call to action possible.
Set up conversion pages by target
You are not going to offer a free painting tips guide to someone that is looking for roof repair services. So, remember to adjust your conversion page content to increase lead conversions.
Improve the product or service pages
- Post credibility elements
- Place the main information at the top of the form
- Avoid poor quality images; a poorly chosen image will repel visitors.
- View customer reviews
For your images, focus on people who interact with your product or service so your customers can protect themselves
Create simple and short forms
Do not use a slide on your pages
In addition, it will create H1 tags that dilute the relevance of keywords. Prefer blocks of still images.
Make your website work for you!
One of the good things about having an optimized home improvement website is that it can work hard to generate leads around the clock. Optimization doesn’t happen overnight, however, getting conclusive results can happen faster when you spend the necessary time and effort to get your website optimized for conversions. Nothing will change if you do not apply any of these strategies suggested above. Use this knowledge to take initiatives as quickly as possible.